Thursday, January 17, 2019

Sundays in Jerusalem: Installment 1

OK, so I think I need to do a better job of documenting our Sundays this year. Last year, I kinda fell off. So let's get started!

Originally, we were going to cook Italian this winter. We had two--yes TWO--cookbooks. But then Kate located this exquisite cookbook.....


There are so many recipes that we are eager to try, but for our first adventure, we went with stuffed pears. Yes, pears. Actually, the recipe called for something called "quince," which is similar to a pear but, surprisingly, not at Wal-Mart in Ebensburg. This also uses lamb, which again, called for some improvisation so we went with beef.

As you can see, the pictures in this cookbook are remarkable.

Basically, these are seasoned meatballs stuffed into the pears and slowly simmered for an hour or so. I think our end product looked a lot like the picture above. #NailedIt

So this ended up being a suitable introduction to our new cookbook. We are all looking forward to what's next!

No comments:

Growing Leaps and Bounds

I hinted this would be a quiet space for a while, but can't help popping in to share two recent-ish pics. These two are learning and gro...