Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Summer Bucket List: Toes in Ocean
Two-and-a-half years ago Art accepted the Faculty Athletic Representative position at SFU. Like everything he takes on, he takes this work seriously. He has put much effort and care into establishing relationships with coaches and the athletics staff, often meeting them for lunch, stopping by their offices, or attending practices/competitions. He gets to do cool things like hood athletes in the athletics graduation (when competition and graduation coincide). But there are also the occasional academic/athletic crises which need immediate attention and can consume his entire work day. The FARs from the NorthEast Conference gathered for their annual meeting in Long Branch, NJ this week. The hotel/meeting rooms happened to be RIGHT on the beach. Quite unselfishly, the kids and I knew Art would need some company on the 5 hour drive to NJ. While he was in meetings morning through evening, we took it all in! Temps in the 70s on Tuesday were good enough to put the suits on. Temps in the 60s today meant we took advantage of the indoor pool, walking the boardwalk, and just playing in the sand. I'm not sure the FAR thing is a lifetime appointment, but I am a little biased and think that Art is really good at it. He was just appointed the head NEC FAR so perhaps there is a chance we'll be back next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Growing Leaps and Bounds
I hinted this would be a quiet space for a while, but can't help popping in to share two recent-ish pics. These two are learning and gro...
-
...must come to an end. My starter jar exploded. And when I say "explode".... I mean EXPLODED! Bits of glass all over the kitchen,...
-
“Time is inexplicable because it moves – clicks away – at steady increments, while increasing the past and bringing the fut...
-
Grateful for: The Ghost Town Trail System in Cambria and Indiana Counties Around the House: Jigsaw puzzles ...
No comments:
Post a Comment